Judging of St Ives Town Council’s Annual Garden Competition has now taken place and the results have been finalised. All involved in the judging process have been highly impressed by the standard of entries.
We have great pleasure in announcing this year’s winners. They are as follows:
1. Best Window Box/Hanging Basket - Carole Reed – Shenley Cottage
2. Best Street/Most Attractive Urban Area/Communal Area – Mrs Martin -The Sloop Craft Market
3. Best Commercial Premises – Mr Baker – Carbis Bay Hotel
4. Best Garden in St Ives - Joint winners – Mr Moore – 8 Garth-an-Creet and Mrs Higgins – 6 Richmond Place
6. Best Garden in Lelant – Rosie Allanson – Cedar Court
7.Best Garden in Carbis Bay – Mr J Louis-Powell – Pen-Lys, Headland Court
8.Best Licensed Premises – Hobblers
9.Best Wildlife Garden - Joanne Dean & Tim Andrewes, 15 Street-an-Garrow
10.Best Allotment - Richard Sheppard
11&12. Most Creative Allotment & Best Newcomer – Josh Quick
Martin Peters of Venton Vision Rise, St Ives will receive the Mayor’s Special Award - an extra award for 2014.
Congratulations to all who have taken part in this wonderful competition.