A project manager is sought on a freelance basis to help prepare and plan for the operation of a variety of services to be devolved to St Ives Town Council.
The town council has set a schedule of work to be completed by the successful candidate, to be carried out by 31 January 2015, which is as follows:
– Inspection and assessment of the condition of the property and assets to be devolved.
– Write a business plan for the devolution package
– Write an operational plan for the future management of the service(s). This to include a service budget, defined staff responsibilities, ongoing maintenance regime, necessary requirements with regard to health & safety and other relevant legislation
– Work with Councillors and the Town Clerk to negotiate the devolution terms and contract specifications required for the service(s) to be devolved
– Develop specifications for the running of the service(s) – whether tender specifications for contractors or operational specifications for in-house staff.
To enable the town council to achieve this within the above timescale, it is proposed to appoint a Project Manager on a freelance basis, commencing as soon as possible and for a period of two months.
Interested applicants for the Project Manager position are invited to submit an expression of interest, with details of relevant experience and / or expertise. Expressions of interest to be submitted by Friday 21 November 2014.
Experience and knowledge may be related to previous Project Manager jobs, and / or from work in the public sector. Whilst an understanding of local government would be an advantage, it is not considered essential. All applications will be given full consideration and all who send in an expression of interest will receive a reply to advise whether you will be invited to interview.
To discuss this position further, or if you require any further information please email the Town Clerk, Louise Dowe, or phone on 01736 797840.
Expressions of interest may be emailed, or marked ‘confidential’ and sent to:
Town Clerk, Louise Dowe
Street An Pol
Job Vacancies with St Ives Town Council are advertised on this site as they become available.