St Ives Town Council have a job vacancy for a Facilities Manager.
The role is predominantly related to the running of the public conveniences in St Ives and will also incorporate other operational projects. We are seeking a person who is equally able to carry out the office based and supervisory duties and also able to take an active role in cleaning, maintenance and training. The role will include Health & Safety duties, risk assessment and compliance monitoring. This will be a wide ranging and interesting job which will suit a person with relevant experience / qualifications and who has the enthusiasm and willingness to achieve high standards of service.
Duties to include:
- Work with the Town Clerk to develop costed options for delivering a fit for purpose cleaning and maintenance service for the public conveniences
- Lead on the introduction of charging for public conveniences
- Compile and lead on implementation of a schedule of works for planned maintenance and refurbishment of public conveniences
- Investigate and pursue potential options for revenue raising for the public conveniences (eg advertising, charging, sponsorship) and liaise with potential partners for joint provision of the service
- Line manager for relevant staff and /or contractors
- Point of contact for public conveniences contractors
- Sourcing of supplies for the public conveniences
- Meter reading and notification to utility companies and associated invoicing
- Monitor condition and appearance of the facilities and take action to rectify where appropriate
- Lead officer on Health & Safety and Fire compliance (public conveniences and all town council facilities)
- Responsible for maintaining property maintenance log books
Rate of pay: £10 per hour.
Initial contract: 6 month contract on the basis of 16 hours a week
The post is advertised on a part time, fixed term contract basis as the work of the town council is changing and so will be subject to review in six months.
For more information, contact Louise Dowe, Town Clerk on tel 01736 797840 or contact by email / post / visiting the Guildhall